2019 Favorites

It's 2020! That's absolutely crazy. I wanted to share some of my favorite things from 2019. I'll link all the products that I mention in this post and maybe you will be able to enjoy these things in 2020.



Skincare Products: Farmacy Green Clean Cleansing Balm & Innisfree Sleep Mask
As someone who's always had acne-prone skin, I am happy to say that my skin has been the clearest throughout 2019. I started using the Farmacy Cleansing Balm during Spring Break once I had binge-watched low waste videos. Before using this product, I used and threw away multiple makeup wipes each day. This cleaning balm not only erases your makeup easily but it is soft on the skin and smells super good. The Innisfree Green Tea Hydrating Mask is one of the reasons why I think my skin cleared up. You don't even have to peel it or wait to wash it off you just pop this on your face and go to bed.

Makeup Product: Glossier Cloud Paint
I personally don't like powdered products because they tend to look cakey on me. I don't wear makeup that often but every time I have, I always wore this liquid blush in Dusk. Sometimes I only wore this product without wearing anything else on my face.

Book: The Next Person You Meet In Heaven
For anyone that knows me in real life, I always talk about my favorite book, The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom. This year, I quickly indulged in the sequel to the book, The Next Person You Meet In Heaven. I read it all in one day, and I finished it crying in the classroom before Anatomy started.

Singer: James Bay
So according to my Spotify, James Bay is not only my top artist of the year, but also the decade. There has yet to be a song of his I am not obsessed with. His lyrics and voice instantly captivate you. I actually got to go to his concert in March, and it was quite an emotional night for me. But he's my favorite singer ever so.

Albums: The Book of Us: Gravity & The Good and The Bad
I included a Korean and an American album. These two albums came out this past year, and I constantly listened to them as a whole. The Book of Us: Gravity by Day6 though very small, has a variety of moods. Day6 is also one of my favorite groups of all time so check them out! The Good & The Bad by Anthony Ramos is such a precious collection of songs. Anthony Ramos is most known for being in Hamilton and he is starring in the In The Heights movie so check his stuff out!

TV Show: Busted
This Korean reality show is sooo amazing. It's made by Netflix so there are English captions. They take Korean celebrities who have to solve mini-mysteries every episode to solve one big underlying mystery for the season. What I am most amazed by is how the writers were able to put all the clues together and the production is crazy.

Pick-Me-Ups: Chai Lattes & Pitaya Bowls
I almost have had at least one of these each day since June. For those of you who live in New York or are planning to visit, I always went to Coffee Project (5th St and 2nd Ave) or Juice Vitality (11th St and 1st Ave). 

App: Procreate
The biggest thing that I picked up in 2019 was illustrating. What started off as just a class became a new passion of mine. I was able to create drawings on my phone pretty quickly, and now I use this app on an iPad. Even if you don't plan to illustrate professionally, it's really simple to use for days you want to experiment, or destress, or tap into your creative side.




Comments