A Series of Poems

"Nags"
I knew my way of thinking
Wasn't the healthiest.
It tasted
Of Loss.
So sour,
My tongue started to burn,
Eyes started to water.
I think I can be
Haunted by
Flaws, Failures, and Disappointments.
Discover the negative to
Break the pattern and
Glue the record.
I'm tired of the loop.




"Reward Of $10"
I keep
Misplacing 
Things. 
Strands of my hair,
Memories of Texas,
Phone calls, and
My water bottle.
Don't worry, 
I replaced these items
With sunshine and lavender.
But if found,
Please return.

"Hope For Later"
I want a tattoo of a 
Mustard seed.
Or at least carry a 
Real one in my pocket.
Little 
reminder of how
Much. 
Miracles happen;
This seed defeats everything, and
Contains potential to 
Grow. 

"Traffic"
Imagine what
Would happen if there was never
A stop sign. 
Everything's green, 
You get to go.
You meet your greatest desires, 
Lose feeling in your legs, as 
Wind grazes against your cheeks.
But even if a stop sign
Interferes with your lane,
It's only a pause,
You'll get to 
Go soon.

Comments