What I Make for Breakfast in College (Super Simple!)

Since coming to college, I think the biggest adjustment I've had to make is cooking for myself. I haven't mastered the perfect filet mignon or anything like that, but I have tried to at least make breakfast each day. All these breakfast options are extremely simple and take about 10 minutes or less. I am lucky enough to have a kitchen in my dorm so most of these will require a pan/stovetop or some other thing. And of course with all of these meals, I must have coffee :)

1. Avocado Toast
This is my go-to and what I usually have every day. Because I don't have a toaster in the dorm, and I didn't have a pan at the beginning of the semester, I simply microwaved a slice of bread for my avocado "toast" (or what I called 'avocado warm bread'). I now use a pan to cook both sides of my bread while I take an avocado and mash it inside of a bowl. A lot of people add olive oil or red crushed pepper to their avocado spread, but I simply like to add just a little bit of garlic powder.

2. Pumpkin Butter & Banana Toast
This one is pretty self-explanatory. It fulfills you if you have a sweet craving in the morning. The pumpkin butter I use is by Jansal Valley. It's so sweet and is more like a jam. After you spread the pumpkin butter on your toast (or warm bread) add banana slices on top.


3. Banana Pancakes
I learned this off of Youtube a couple of years ago, but if you take a mashed banana and an egg and whisk it together, you have a banana pancake mixture. I know, I know, I thought it was disgusting when I first heard it but I LOVE them. They are simple to make and cause me to believe I am having pancakes but I enjoy them more because they make me feel a little healthier. I think these go great with milk and don't forget to add a little bit of syrup on top!

4. Overnight Oats
This one is probably the most dorm friendly because most people have a fridge in their rooms. I take regular rolled oats from Bob's Red Mill into a bowl and pour in some almond milk by Califia Farms. I add in a little bit of plain greek yogurt, fresh blueberries, and sliced bananas into the bowl as well. If I am in a chocolatey mood, I will add a little dollop of nutella. I mix it all together and let it sit overnight in the fridge. This is a great wholesome breakfast, and you can take it on the go!

Comments