What's In My Everyday Makeup Bag?

With the growth of social media, I think that the beauty community has grown a lot as well. The internet is filled with images of the latest eye trends, cheekbones so highlighted they can blind you, and the coolest, most exclusive products. Now, to be honest, I have never been the bold makeup type, or one to wear any makeup at all, but I am obsessed with watching beauty and makeup videos on Youtube. I thought it would be hard to share a good makeup tutorial in print form, (hopefully I can figure out an efficient way in the future) so I decided to instead, share with you my go-to, everyday (when I wear makeup) products. I'm not a professional makeup artist in any way, but over the years in having to wear makeup for dance and doing some research through Youtube, I've collected some amazing products that really work for me. I'm a bit of a minimalist so there aren't a lot of products in my makeup bag and the products themselves aren't insanely glamorous but this is what I use for a natural, everyday look.

For foundation, I use the Makeup Forever HD Foundation in the color Y315. Overall, I have an oily skin type, but my face tends to dry out in the evenings. I also have acne prone skin but I crave a natural, very skin-like look and this foundation does the job. It is buildable for those areas where I need extra coverage and doesn't really cake up or look too matte on the face. On days where I'm a little more confident with my facial skin, I tend to mix in a little bit of my moisturizer for an even more light look. This combination makes my skin fresh-faced for a little longer. 

In the past couple years, brows become extremely important, so I carry around two products for these. I use the Benefit ka-Brow! cream-gel color in 4, to extend the length of my brows, and I use the Glossier Boy Brow in brown to fill my brows in and hold them in place. I also wear brown eyeliner on days where I feel like wearing eyeliner, in which I always use the Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Espresso. 

For blush, my go-to has been the Milani Cosmetics Baked Blush in Luminoso. It's a pretty cheap priced blush so you may be skeptical about quality, but I think it works amazingly and is my ABSOLUTE favorite blush to wear. For powder, which I only apply in a sort of baking technique way under my eyes, my forehead, and around my nose, I use the Covergirl Professional Loose Powder in 105 Translucent Fair. And to top of the last powder product I carry in my makeup bag is the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Highlight in Exposed. It smells so good and can give you a little bit of shine on your cheekbones or you can build it up for a blinding night look.

Mascara is a little tricky because it depends on how thick I want my eyelashes to look for that day. I always curl them with the Japonesque Go Curl travel eyelash curler no matter what mood I'm in. If I want more natural looking lashes, I use the Glossier Lash Slick because it doesn't clump or thicken, but it definitely evenly spaces out my eyelashes and enhances them. And if I want more fuller lashes and want the attention of my face to be on my eyes, I use the good ole Maybelline Waterproof Rocket Mascara. 

The last two products I carry in my makeup up bag is the Smith's Rosebud Salve and the 3CE Velvet Lip Tint in Going Right. The Salve is more a chapstick/lip balm type thing, but it keeps my lips from being chapped, adds a bit of shine, and is what I'm wearing almost all the time. On days I want some color I use the lip tint. It is definitely matte, and the color is a spring/summer color, but it's a really pretty coral/pink/orange color.

Though these are my favorite products, let me know what's in your makeup bag; I'd love to try some new products. 

Comments